filename path over local network

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Apr 26 19:22:38 EDT 2012

I just tested this. You can reference a file on a file server, but the volume must be mounted for the image file to work. I tried to reference the file by manually typing in the afp URL. (I assume it works the same way with a Windows share using SMB. To the OS X file system, once the volume is mounted it's pretty much the same thing). This made Livecode very, very angry. I had to force quit it.

So to reiterate, DON'T DO THAT! Put the file somewhere local to your stack file. :-)

Bob