Slow write to sqlite on usb sticks

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Apr 26 18:22:07 EDT 2012

Oh thanks. I was aware that beginning a transaction made the database writable by only the client who began the transaction, but does it lock people out of reads as well? In the past I would manually lock a database while inserting records or before doing a transactional update, so that I could mark a particular master record as read only. I would then unlock the database and update as necessary to minimize the impact on other users. I did this only because that was what an old app called SBT written in Foxpro used to do, and that was all I knew at the time, but with transactions, maybe I don't need to worry about that anymore.

Bob