[OT] How to take a fairly good concept and jack it up badly

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Tue Apr 17 11:47:03 EDT 2012

You have to wait for it to download before you can use it, but you don't have to wait for it to download if you're just installing it. With Android the download stage is ahead of the installing stage. The Android download, accept permissions, install stages, are the equivalent of the single touch you do with BetaBuilder. I'm not sure how it is with AirLaunch.

I just went through a support ticket case where the Android APK would refuse to be made, so there can be difficulties with Android too. In any case, it was mainly the distribution side of things that I was arguing about, I'm assuming you wouldn't distribute an app that you hadn't been able to test yourself.

AirLaunch does have the advantage of coping with .app files, with BetaBuilder I send the .app through iTunes in order to make an .ipa.