OK... what am I missing?

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Tue Apr 17 10:16:02 EDT 2012

Jacque wrote:
> If you haven't done it yet, one quick way to find out is to set the standalone settings in the Bug Reports pane to save errors to a file. If there's an execution error it will show up there.

I have try-catches everywhere; I have errors written to stdout; I have my own debugging frontscript that writes to a separate stack; I have output from before and after the failed call. I put log statements in the datagrid library but they don’t 'fire'. I put my initials at the top of the datagrid behavior script and then used:

   log line 1 to 10 of (the behavior of grp "Modules" of me)

to assure myself it was the correct script. And it was.

Mark Weider wrote:

>  One way around this is to set the system
> global gRevDevelopment to true. That way any errors thrown in the
> datagrid stack will hopefully come to light.

No errors.

> Any runtime errors in the standalone will be caught by
> PowerDebug running in the IDE. You can set breakpoints in your code
> and then step through them in the standalone using PowerDebug.

It must be another clue that, even though PowerDebug is running in the IDE, and opens on breakpoints when I run my code in the IDE, it isn’t invoked in the .app, probably because there is no error thrown and breakpoints are ignored. A call to MySubnet() in PowerDebug yeilds "10.0.1.", so I know it’s there. Is there a  PowerDebug 'break' I can issue to invoke it in the standalone?