Linux application crashes

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Apr 13 12:53:16 EDT 2012

Glen Bojsza <gbojsza at ...> writes:

> If you launch the application then all you need to do is click any of the
> images in the scrolling field and watch the memory.

Confirmed here on 32-bit Fedora Core 16 xcfe spin. I get a very noticeable
memory leak for each image generated and a significant use of cpu time as well.
I had to shut down other running apps because the cpu utilization caused Firefox
to issue continual "script stopped running" messages and my VirtualBox vm kept
trying to swap memory space as things started getting cramped.

I don't see the visual splattering Warren described but otherwise it's seriously
tanking.

--
 Mark Wieder