[OT] nice views from my city

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:59:50 EDT 2012

I saw this man on TV discussing the Brazilian olympic project a couple
of weeks ago.  He looked very pleased with himself.  Of course, the
programme that was talking up Rio de Janeiro didn't mention that the
mayor not only lived in another city, but in another country! That
really would have undercut the entire programme.

Or perhaps Niteroi has its own mayor, and the chap I saw lives in Rio.

I saw a survey a while back of travel agents, who were asked to rate
their favourite holiday destinations.  They chose Rio.  I hope it is
suitable compensation for the corruption.

And I have a photo of some Niemeyer architecture on my fridge.  I'm
the kind of nerd who chooses my holiday destinations based on the
architecture rather than the beach sports.

Bernard