Location of iOS 5.0 SDK

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Apr 2 03:39:40 EDT 2012

Hi Mark - warning - I agree that you should be able to steam on to 5.1 from the point you've got to: however although this clearly worked for Tom, it didn't work for me. I did what you did, apart from not allowing XCode to remove 4.2 and when I point the mobile prefs of LC 5.5. to the XCode app (bundle) in my Applications folder, the pref mechanism accepts the path but then can't find the new simulator and comes up with some odd messages which I've written about elsewhere. As I have not deleted my Developer folder I can go back to 4.2, but I am dead in the water as regards 5.1 and its simulator. I tried all I could think of, including opening the XCode bundle and copying what I found there into a new Developer folder, but it didn't help. I have had a call out to RunRev support for some days now and I'm hoping for a solution very soon - when/if I get it, I will post it to the list.

I don't know what can be different between Tom's setup and mine.

Graham