On-rev and irev file problem?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri Sep 30 15:05:46 EDT 2011

Well to be truthful I haven't set up MySQL on on-rev recently, but at
dreamhost (I am running my own copy of Livecode server) I have to use a
special subdomain for the SQL 'server' address - NOT  localhost.   I think
one can use 'localhost' at on-rev, but some other restrictions might be in
the way.

A test:   does your desktop version work with the on-rev SQL as a remote
client ?  you can add IPs or entire domains in the cPanel : Databases :
Remote SQL

(you can use a * for all domains, easier but not recommended)

Also MySQL allows for IP restrictions so make sure that is ok.