On-rev and irev file problem?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Fri Sep 30 13:43:35 CDT 2011


Hi Stephen...

 I tried it both ways. Originally it was .rev, but then with all the changes I thought that may have been good for only existing code on the server so I switched it to .lc

It didn't help though :-(  


In terms of the MySQl account and IP and cross-domain restrictions, that would be relevant if I'm using the MySQl on the on-rev server too?

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD

On Sep 30, 2011, at 11:22 AM, stephen barncard wrote:

> Also check your MySQL account for any IP or cross-domain restrictions.
> 
> On 30 September 2011 11:20, stephen barncard <
> stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:
> 
>> how did you name the file?  with a .lc or .rev   suffix?
>> 
>> 
>> On 30 September 2011 11:12, John Patten <johnpatten at mac.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi All..
>>> 
>>> I duplicated a script that is working to send data to on-rev mysql
>>> database in another project. The new project keeps throwing up a server
>>> connection error.
>>> 
>>> I've tried to boil it down to the most basic components to trouble shoot,
>>> but I still get errors. I 'have looked for typos over and over but don't see
>>> anything.  Here is what I have in its most basic form:
>>> 
>>> <?lc
>>> 
>>> put $_POST["mymessage"] into mymessage
>>> set itemDel to tab
>>> 
>>> put item 1 of mymessage into tTargetPerson
>>> put item 2 of mymessage into tTargetNorm
>>> put itemDel into tCurrentItemDel
>>> set the itemDel to "|"
>>> put item 1 of tTargetNorm into tNorm_heading
>>> put item 2 of tTargetNorm into tNorm_topic
>>> set the itemDel to tab
>>> put item 3 of mymessage into tEventDescription
>>> 
>>> put "localhost" into tDatabaseAddress
>>> put "xxxxxx_norms" into tDatabaseName
>>> put "xxxxxx_normuser" into tDatabaseuser
>>> put "xxxxxxx" into tDatabasePassword
>>> 
>>> put tDatabaseAddress & " " &  tDatabaseName & " " & tDatabaseuser & " " &
>>> tDatabasePassword into tResult
>>> --put revOpenDatabase("mysql", tDatabaseAddress, tDatabaseName,
>>> tDatabaseuser, tDatabasePassword) into tResult
>>> --if tResult is not a number then
>>> --put "Error: could not connect to database " & tResult
>>> --else
>>> --put "target_person, norm_heading, norm_topic, description" into tFields
>>> --put "INSERT INTO norms " & "(" & tFields & ") & VALUES (:1, :2, :3, :4)"
>>> into tSQL
>>> answer tResult
>>> --revExecuteSQL tResult, tSQL, "tTargetPerson", "tNorm_heading",
>>> "tNorm_topic", "tEventDescription"
>>> ?>
>>> 
>>> I'm at the point now I'm just trying to see what the connection contents
>>> is in tResult, and it still throws up the server error???
>>> 
>>> Any advice?
>>> 
>>> Thank you!
>>> 
>>> John Patten
>>> SUSD
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> use-livecode mailing list
>>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>>> subscription preferences:
>>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Stephen Barncard
>> San Francisco Ca. USA
>> 
>> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> 
> 
> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco Ca. USA
> 
> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode




More information about the use-livecode mailing list