Datagrid Question

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Sep 20 18:20:53 EDT 2011

Thanks for explanation.  So if I have set a column to be non-editable and I
create a custom behavior for it, it will become editable?  How about if the
datagrid itself has been set to be non-editable?  Just trying to get a
handle on this since I couldn't find anything in the datagrid docs about it.

Maybe it's the way I use datagrids but I can't think of a single situation I
have come across where I did not want a column containing a field to be
aligned according to its column alignment.  In fact, I have option menus and
checkboxes that I really want to be aligned according to the column's
alignment property and ended up writing code to make that happen.  In other
words, at least for me, ignoring the column alignment property should be the
exception, not the rule.

It makes things even more confusing that the inspector for the column still
shows the original alignment property even though it's not observed.
 Personally, I would prefer that the inspector alignment option included an
"undefined" ,or something similar, option to deal with these circumstances.

Pete