What message reveals a scrollbar's position (change)

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Thu May 26 07:16:31 EDT 2011

Hi folks,
I want to track when a field's vertical scrollbar has reached its maximum - whether by dragging the scrollbar or moving within the text to force the scrollbar to max.

The dictionary shows ways to script setting the scrollbar position, (such as set the vScroll) and responding to scrollbarDrag newPosition but none of these seem to cross-refer to the mechanisms to get the scrollbar's position or the message that actually sends the current scrollbar position when it changes?

I'm sure it's one of those 'you need to know the answer to be able to search for it' situations, so what is the secret word?
Best,
Keith..