Data grid not showing array contents?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri May 20 09:08:21 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Keith Clarke <
keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk> wrote:

> I have an array called tObjectArray, containing a list of objects, in the
> form tObjectArray[1]["object"]. So, answer tObjectArray[5]["object"] returns
> the name of object number 5.
>
> Meanwhile, I have a data grid 'dg Object List', with a column named
> 'object', ready to display this list. However, if I 'set the dgData of group
> "dg Object List" to tObjectArray', the data grid and its 'object' column
> remain resolutely empty.
>
> Have I missed something fundamental here - an array level or data grid
> property, perhaps?

Assuming everything is setup as you describe then the data should be
displayed (I just did a quick test to confirm). Is there any chance you have
messages locked when etting the dgData property? If you do then it won't
work. Messages need to be unlocked.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems

LiveCode Resources for Developers: http://livecode.bluemangolearning.com

Get SQL Yoga as part of the Omegabundle for LiveCode 2011: Save 85% on
essential tools for LiveCode development - omegabundle.com.