experience Generating e-mail

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 19 22:24:37 EDT 2011

On 5/19/11 8:18 PM, Ronald Zellner wrote:

>> Have you looked at the revMail command?
>
> Yes, that's what I was planning on using. I was just looking for
> cautions or insights that someone might have gleaned through
> experience.

I've had good experience with revMail, no particular problems. It's been
stable and reliable. But as Kee mentioned, you'll have to click "Send"
in your browser for each email, it isn't automatic. All revMail does is
fill out an email for you and switch you over to your email client so
you can send it.

For automatic email sending, you're better off using Sarah's library
with a repeat loop. You might have some issues with that if your script
sends too many emails at once. Some ISPs think that's spamming and will
cut you off.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com