OT] how to update 2 values in each of 3000 records in MySQL DB

Matthias Rebbe runrev260805 at m-r-d.de
Tue May 17 15:18:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have to update 3000 records in a mysql db very often. I just have to change only 2 values in each of the 3000 records.
I have a desktop app, which creates the values which then have to be put in that mysql database. This db is not local, but resides on an on-rev server.
I could activate remote access for the mysql db and could limit this access to our static ip address which our isp assigne to us to let the standalone
app to update the values directly. But is that the right way?  Should i do it directly from my standalone or should i do it through an irev script?

If 2nd, how would i parse the values to the script. I know how to connect from an irev script to a mysql db. That would be no problem.
But i never sent data from a standalone to an irev script.

Should i update record after record or can i update lets say 50 records in one step? Even with different values?

Could someone help?

Regards,

Matthias