Suggestions for releasing to Open Source

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:42:43 EDT 2011

On 05/16/2011 09:13 PM, Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Richmond,
>
> That's not true. You could at least release your source code as open-source. There are open-source licenses that allow this. If you think no license fits, then simply invent your own.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

What's not true?  Certainly the Livecode engine IS Closed Source,
certainly Ubuntu went
"all funny" when I offered them 25 RunRev standalones for Linux because
of the closed nature of the
engine.

Now, as far as I understood Derek Bump's posting; he has developed
something which contains
Open Source software, and part of the licensing attached to that
software requires anything developed with it to also be Open Source . . .