Highlight list line on hover?

John Dixon dixonja at hotmail.co.uk
Thu May 12 10:44:20 EDT 2011

> I just retried both John's and your scripts, to see if it was me...
> • John's does not affect the default list field behaviour - the highlight changes only on mouseDown.

Keith, the highlight does not change on mouseDown, it changes when the mouse is over the line... the first line in the handler is to stop the highlight being set to the first line if the cursor is moved over a line in the field that is empty...

on mouseWithin
   if the mouseLine is empty then exit mouseWithin
   select the mouseLine
end mouseWithin

Not that it matters, as one of the nice things about LiveCode is that
there is always another way to accomplish something... the purists will
'carp' on about best practices, which always makes me smile... Who is to
 say ?

Take care... :-)