Menu Buttons

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Mon May 9 15:16:52 EDT 2011

When you say you want to drive the menuItems displayed by script, does that mean you never want to use the mouse at all? I made a workaround recently where I did something like this, and I am giving you a snippet for your examination. Make two buttons, one an ordinary one, and one a combo box. Put several choices into the combo. Place the comboBox so that the loc of its selection arrow is, say, "200,200". In the regular button script write:

on mouseUp
   click at "200,200"
   wait 50
   click at "175," && 225 + random(100)
end mouseUp

This should open the combo box and select a random line within it. You can trap a "menuPick" message inside the combo box. Not sure what you are doing, but this might give you a hint as to a possible method. HTH.

Craig Newman