select after the selectedText

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 03:19:41 EDT 2011

On 07/06/2011 10:10 AM, Slava Paperno wrote:
> The selectedText doesn't work with Unicode.
>
> I have a very similar thing working fine: I use "select after char -1 of
> field X".
>
> Slava

set the unicodeText of the selectedText to numToChar(2340)

works 100%

and THAT is not my problem.

My problem is how to keep the cursor directly after an inputted char that
is being inserted into a unicodeText string rather than have it jump either
to the end of the first line, or to the end of the complete text.

I have just tried this:

on mouseUp
    set the useUnicode to true
    set the unicodeText of the selectedText to numToChar(2340)
   select after char -1 of field X
end mouseUp

and it did not work at all: the cursor remained, momentarily, after the
glyph and then moved down to the end of the string.