autoHilite and focus (following Jacque's solution)

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Jul 6 08:42:06 EDT 2011

> With the focus gone, my user will probably try to press Tab to return the
> focus to the input field. But when the focus is on the card, none of my
> buttons receives that Tab keypress.
>
> Is there no way to achieve what I want (see first sentence of this email)?

Slava, instead of turning the autoHilite off, you need to turn the
"traversalOn" off (what the Inspector shows as "Focus with keyboard"
checkbox).

What's happening is that when the focus is in the field and you go to click
the button, the focus is shifting automatically to the button you clicked
because the "traversalOn" property is "true" by default for buttons. If you
turn that off, the button won't be *focusable*, but it will still
automatically highlight when clicked (assuming the "autoHilite" is "true").

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/