Working ScreenRect

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:53:24 EST 2011

On 02/08/2011 05:23 PM, Klaus on-rev wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>
>> The working screenRect for Windows XP tells me that the XP taskBar is 30 pixels fat:
>>
>> put ((item 4 of the working screenRect) - (item 4 of the screenRect)) into fatness
>>
>> and that for Windows ME, 98 and 95 it is 28 pixels.
>>
>> I don't have access to Windows Vista or 7: would be most grateful if someone could
>> let me know the fatness of their respective taskbars.
> since the user can resize even the taskbar, and I have seen many people do this,
> these info might be not too helpful.
>
> Best will still be the way you currently calculate it!

Probably; but then one ends up in geometry manager land, a place I have
no intention to go to.

"Bog standard users" (the install and get on with it lot) probably won't
have taken the trouble to
muck around with their taskbar much.

>> ======================
>> I notice, oddly enough,
>>
>> put the working screenRect
>>
>> on my Mac Mini gives me 0,22,1680,1004
>>
>> and
>>
>> put the screenRect gives me 0,0,1680,1050
>>
>> now I know the fatness of the mac menubar is 22; so how that gets into item 2, and what 1004 means
>> I just don't know.
> Do you have a "Dock"? :-)
> This does also have a "height" (usually something around 50 pixels), even when not visible (autohide)

Unless one goes to quite some lengths the standard Mac OS X dock is present.

What I am unaware of is if there is a way if the end-user has there Dock
set up so that it is always
visible for Livecode to force it to autohide for the duration of a
standalone being used.