is among the words AND find words

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Dec 21 05:15:34 EST 2011

Hmmm ... what will happen to "there is time,enough for it" - NB no space
before or after the comma.

I think you *want* to find "time" in that case - but I'm not sure if you
will by stripping out all non-letter characters from the word "time,enough".

Would it not be simpler (and faster) to find the the word as a string,
and then verify that the char before is not a letter, and that the char
after it is not a letter ?

but then, what about "find the time-bomb here" ?  Is time a word, or
time-bomb a single, hyphenated word ?
Oh well, you choose :-)

-- Alex.