Alternatives to "answer"

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Apr 29 18:51:47 EDT 2011

Use the dialogData. You can set it to whatever you want in the "dialog" stack, and then retrieve it in your main stack. The dialogData is a global property you can set and get throughout the IDE or runtime environment.

Also make your stack modal, meaning it must be dismissed before the user can click anywhere else.

Don't call a procedure in an unopened stack (unless it's script has been inserted into the frontScript or backScript, and that still doesn't open the stack to display the card. You still have to GO to the stack to do that.)

That no workie nohow. Just go to the stack and have the openStack handler of your "dialog" stack call whatever procedure you have, or just have the openStack handler BE the procedure.

Bob