Alternatives to "answer"

tbodine lvhdgc7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 18:37:46 EDT 2011

Hi LiveCoders.

I'm working on my first real LC project and now I've dug myself into my
first LC hole. Hoping for some advice...

I want to present user with a dialog box that is more attractive than the
standard "answer" command. (Bigger type, transparent, icon buttons). I tried
making a separate card in a separate stack that I could open over my
mainStack card, but that is creating lots of errors now with "can't find
card" messages when I use:

call processingHandler of card "Main" of stack "Top".

Basically, I want a semitransparent dialog box with two buttons to open over
a mainStack card. The user's button choice needs to be returned to the
mainStack script and the dlog Card closed.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks!
Tom Bodine