menu icon in OS X

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 18 17:48:08 EDT 2011

On 4/18/11 10:49 AM, Maarten Koopmans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I Googled a lot, but I haven't found it...
>
> I'd like to have a little menu icon to the right on closing my app in the
> Mac menu bar, is that possible at all. And when a user clicks the icon a
> menu appears. If you've ever seen the dropbox menu icon, you know what I
> mean. Any small snippet (as usual ;-) highly appreciated.

Check the "Status icon support (4.5 – experimental)" section of the
Release Notes. You can open the Release Notes from the Help menu in the
IDE. This is a relatively new feature that allows you to put a status
icon in the Mac menu bar (or system tray on Windows.) It is experimental
for now, which means it may have bugs or irregularities.

I don't think the icon will remain if you quit your app. You'll need to
just hide your stack instead of quitting.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com