Data-Entry in a LiveCode form using the tab key

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Apr 18 18:39:42 EDT 2011

> Also to test this I made a simple stack with this in the card script and a button that calls it:
>
> on doFieldOrder
>    put empty into theFieldList
>
>    repeat
>        if the commandkey is down then exit doFieldOrder
>        wait until the mouseclick
>        put the clickfield & cr after theFieldList
>        wait 1 second
>        select empty
>    end repeat
>    put theFieldList
> end doFieldOrder

WHOOPS! Should be:
> if the commandkey is down then exit REPEAT

But theFieldList still returns empty, even after I put this into a mouseUp handler. Also, I noticed that the selection did not change. Apparently, mouseUp messages are not getting sent to the object I am clicking on because I am within a mouseUp message already I guess?? Doesn't sound right though.

Bob