how to totally make Kevin's day

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 9 16:32:22 EDT 2010

On 9/9/10 2:36 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:

> Though I think that its going to be very hard for Apple to back out of this
> one now. If the backlash before was bad enough to make them change their
> minds think what it would be like if they did it again. I suspect they are
> feeling the heat from competition in the Android space and have suddenly
> decided that they need to keep developers on board.

When everything fell through this last spring, an ex-Apple employee told
me he thought Apple would reverse its decision because, while the
customers don't matter as much to Steve Jobs, the developers absolutely
do. He predicted that developers would leave and Jobs would notice.

Apparently he was right, and I doubt very much that Apple can do another
reversal on this decision.

<quote>
Gleacher & Co analyst Brian Marshall said Apple was feeling huge
pressure from app developers.

"What spurred this on was the uproar from the growing iOS developer
base," Marshall said.
<end quote>

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDwQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2FidUSTRE68835V20100909&rct=j&q=apple%20backpedals&ei=2j-JTPTROc2pnQfLu-HIDA&usg=AFQjCNGxsQHGM1e8AikamEDHFC0EaSHwow&cad=rja>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com