Strange Datagrid Column Problem

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Fri Nov 19 07:13:03 EST 2010

On 19 November 2010 11:47, zryip theSlug <zryip.theslug at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 9:54 AM, David Bovill <david at vaudevillecourt.tv>
> wrote:
> > Can you file this as a bug, and add the stack? I think it is related
> > to a reference resolution bug with behaviours that causes a few
> > problems when using send. I'm interested to track this bug down.
>
> For columns, "me" should refer to a group named with the name of the
> column + the number of the lines (or the index, not remember exactly)
>
> "btn 1 of me"
> or
> "btn 1 of the long id of me"
>
> should refer to a button in a group name or in group id, not to a field.
>
> Maybe interesting to study that closer.

Yes - I've seen this when you refer to "me" using strange syntax like that.
That's not me personally - you're welcome to refer to me in whatever syntax
you like, but the behavior. Not my behavior... anyway. There does seem to be
some downside of an English like syntax.

The behavior I get problems with is that in certain circumstances "the long
id of x" does not convert a valid reference to the "long id" when called
from within a behavior, which is surely bad behavior, for which I apologise.