Using SQLite as a multi-user database?

Fredrik Andersson fredrik at morbug.se
Tue Nov 23 10:42:12 EST 2010

Thanks for the suggestions, I wouldn't have though of that! Unfortunately I don't think I could run any kind of serverlike program on our network.

I'm actually contemplating using some kind of lock-file that is created whenever someone is writing to the database (or perhaps I'll even use some plain text files for simplicity) and deleted when the writing is finished. Then the client simply checks for the existence of a lock file before trying to write. There will only be a handful of people writing and possibly a couple of hundred people reading so it might work, even if it's not very elegant. Anyway, I'll start by doing the tests that Trevor suggested and continue from there.

Thanks again,

Fredrik