Problems setting a player object to an alias in a script

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun May 30 21:06:34 EDT 2010

I was able to get an alias that pointed to an mp3 player to load in the
player.  I used the following script.

on mouseUp
   answer file "Select the MP3 file."  with type "MP3 files|mp3|Mp3 "
   set the filename of player "player" to it
end mouseUp

This allowed me to select the alias but when I checked the player with the
property inspector the path was the path to the original.

One thing I found was that  if the alias has the word 'alias' at the end it
would not work I had to make sure it ended with .mp3.

If you want to make sure the open file dialog allows you to open mp3 files
you have to put
 with type "MP3 files|mp3|Mp3 "

Note there is a space before the final quote.

Martin