Thoughts on Kevin's announcement [MOT]

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:44:57 EDT 2010

  On 13/05/2010 00:25, Dave Cragg wrote:
> Bringing things back on topic (well sort of)...
>
> Nietzsche also wrote something called (in English)

To come out of the closet, or to stay shut in; that is the question.

> The Gay Science.

Oh dear! Polysemanticism and the perils of translation.

There is a chap called 'Randy' over here the other day, and my first
name is 'John' . . . the whole thing can be carried too far.

At my school there was a chap called 'Shufflebotham' (pronounced in
'that' way) who was an extremely good country runner;
although he was often beaten by the chaplain's son; 'Alcock'. I kid you not!

Sooner rather than later our good wag, J. Landman G. will "quip one off".

> This is something of which a certain person on this list is sure to endorse, and illustrates Nietzsche's great foresight or aforementioned person's retrospective hindsight with which we are all familiar, relatively speaking.
>
> Thus spoke Dave

Try a Google search for "Revolution" . . .  :)