User Extensions/Externals

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 5 17:28:32 EDT 2010

Graham & Heather Harrison wrote:
> Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>> So you need to create this folder yourself. Then you need to tell
>> rev about it: Go to rev's preferences under "Files & Memory", click
>> the browse button next to "User Extensions", and select the folder
>> you just created.
>
> So you and Jacque say. But I reiterate: This does not work for me -
> rev 4.0.0 Mac OS X 10.6.3.
>
> Please let me know your configuration; rev and OS X. Unless I find
> someone using my exact configuration for whom it does work, this is
> going to QCC. And I will continue to to use my method - it works.

This one isn't your system config. Rev just looks at the Externals
folder contents and loads what it sees in there. It's worked the same
way for the last 10 years across all versions of Rev and in all
operating systems.

If you've already set up the external your original way (into the Rev
app folder itself) then that could cause a conflict and may be what's
preventing the standard method from working. But as long as it works for
you, leave it for now. It will stop working the next time you update Rev
though.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com