RunRev Script Editor and Linux

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 14 11:17:54 EDT 2010

I ran a test this morning in which I had my browser (Firefox) open while
working with both Rev and MC.  In both apps I was able to copy and paste
within a script, between the scripts editors of each IDE, between the
editors and GEdit, and even between the editors and Firefox.  All worked
a treat.

This was not in a virtualized system.  This was working directly on a
stock Lenova Q100 (not an especially beefy system, with its Atom
processor and just 1 GB RAM), under Ubuntu 10.04.

If there's more to this recipe please let me know.  Once the recipe can
be reproduced consistently on other systems it can be debugged and fixed.

FWIW, yesterday I read all 153 RQCC reports that come up when searching
for "Linux":
<http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=Linux>

I'm spending an increasing amount of my time in Linux, and need to stay
abreast of the state of the engine there.  Currently I have two Win
systems, two Macs, and four Linux systems so this is important to my work.

Of those 153 reports, only two mention "print" in the subject line, one
of which is being investigated by the team as I write this (7017) and
the other noted by the submitter as having a simple workaround (8477).

I was unable to turn up any reports from you, or even additional
comments from you in those reports which might provide useful
information for diagnostics (though I should note that Mark Weider has
provided a lot of detail in the Linux reports he's submitted - thanks
Mark!).

When looking at that list of Linux issues, using Find to look for "copy"
or "paste" yields no results.

You can submit a new report here:
<http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/enter_bug.cgi>

--