Ideas to simulate a multithreaded sockets server

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Sat Feb 27 07:21:13 EST 2010

Marcio,

Le 27 févr. 10 à 12:31, Marcio Alexandroni a écrit :

> I visited the page about the mechanism you pointed, but in that case
> it has
> an Apache/PHP server that handles multiple concurrent connections
> but it
> ends up passing the request to a Rev application using Sockets that
> will
> cause the same queuing on message processing.

No under the linux platform if the rev app is launched in root mode
without GUI front-end. In this case, each new Apache/PHP request to
the rev process launches its own sub-thread witch appears as a
separate httpd thread line in the "Top" controller window. In other
words, it's not the rev process witch handle the multi-thtrading safty
but the HTTPd / xinetd one, just in the same way it works for MySQL,
as an other example.

Best Regards,
--
Pierre Sahores