SuperDuper textSize property

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Feb 19 12:27:54 EST 2010

On 2/19/10 8:48 AM, DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> This is nothing new, and has always been the case in HC.
>
> I make a field and I set the textSize of the field to 12. I write three
> lines of text.
> I then set the textSize of line 2 of the field to 24. That line gets
> bigger.
> If I ask for the textSize of line 2, I get 24. If I ask for the textSize of
> the field, I get 12.
> If I then set the textSize of the field to 10, all lines but line 2 obey.
>
> OK, they always did. Lines (or chunks in general) remember their textSize
> (or textStyle, or textAnything) as a personal property, taking precedence
> over the field property.
>
> So is it true that in order to globally change one of these properties I
> have to explicitly use some sort of chunk expression:
>
> set line 1 to the number of lines of fld myField to "plain"

Hi Craig,

You want to REMOVE the chunk-based text property, not set it to another
value, right? So try this:

    set the textAnything of line 1 to -1 of fld myField to empty

If you set it to a non-empty value, you've only traded one chunk-based
setting for another. At least that's my understanding.

Phil Davis