SuperDuper textSize property

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Fri Feb 19 12:48:54 EST 2010


Seems it's time to put the lights on... I wanted to write:

"I don't know if it's an overArchingTextStyle property somewhere, but a simple way to homogeneize the text of a field is

put the text of fld "x" into fld "x" . So you get rid of any chunk formatting"

Do they still sell Ten thumbs, at RunRev ?

Jacques


Le 19 févr. 2010 à 18:17, Jacques Hausser a écrit :

> Hi Craig,
> 
> I don't no if it's an overArchingTextStyle property somewhere, but a simple way to homogeneize the text of a file id
> 
> put the text of fld "x" into fld "x" . So you get rid of any chunk formatting
> 
> Jacques
> 
> Le 19 févr. 2010 à 17:48, DunbarX at aol.com a écrit :
> 
>> This is nothing new, and has always been the case in HC.
>> 
>> I make a field and I set the textSize of the field to 12. I write three 
>> lines of text.
>> I then set the textSize of line 2 of the field to 24. That line gets 
>> bigger.
>> If I ask for the textSize of line 2, I get 24. If I ask for the textSize of 
>> the field, I get 12.
>> If I then set the textSize of the field to 10, all lines but line 2 obey.
>> 
>> OK, they always did. Lines (or chunks in general) remember their textSize 
>> (or textStyle, or textAnything) as a personal property, taking precedence 
>> over the field property. 
>> 
>> So is it true that in order to globally change one of these properties I 
>> have to explicitly use some sort of chunk expression:
>> 
>> set line 1 to the number of lines of fld myField to "plain"
>> 
>> I only ask because Rev seems to have a property for everything. There isn't 
>> an overArchingTextStyle property?
>> 
>> Craig Newman
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-revolution mailing list
>> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
> 
> ******************************************
> Prof. Jacques Hausser
> Department of Ecology and Evolution
> Biophore / Sorge
> University of Lausanne
> CH 1015 Lausanne
> please use my private address:
> 6 route de Burtigny
> CH-1269 Bassins
> tel/fax: 	++ 41 22 366 19 40
> mobile:	++ 41 79 757 05 24
> E-Mail:	jacques.hausser at unil.ch
> *******************************************
> 
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution

******************************************
Prof. Jacques Hausser
Department of Ecology and Evolution
Biophore / Sorge
University of Lausanne
CH 1015 Lausanne
please use my private address:
6 route de Burtigny
CH-1269 Bassins
tel/fax: 	++ 41 22 366 19 40
mobile:	++ 41 79 757 05 24
E-Mail:	jacques.hausser at unil.ch
*******************************************




More information about the Use-livecode mailing list