Adding Tables in On-Rev

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Feb 2 14:41:27 EST 2010

How odd. I just dropped the table with the mySQL Workbench app, and it took over 20 seconds to get to the place where it confirmed if that was what I wanted to do!

I build my own SQL programmatically, and it looks like the following:

CREATE TABLE  `slylabs_Helpdesk`.`categories` (
`uniqueid` mediumint(3) unsigned zerofill NOT NULL auto_increment,
`deleted` bit(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
`sw_id` INTEGER NOT NULL,
`sw_name` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`sw_type` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`sw_applies_to` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`sw_find_conditions` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`sw_condition` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`sw_front_page` boolean DEFAULT NULL,
`sw_position` integer DEFAULT NULL,
`sw_counter_conditions` varchar(255),
`sw_icon` varchar(255),
`sw_built_in` boolean DEFAULT FALSE,
`sw_live_update` boolean DEFAULT FALSE,
`notes` blob NOT NULL,
`signature` char(2) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY  (`uniqueid`)
)

At times it is pretty much instant and at times it takes a good long while. I was wondering if on-rev is locking the entire database at times, preventing any major SQL updates, or if the on-rev queue is very full at times and I am getting queue'd way down the list.

Bob