Copy field problem

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Tue Aug 31 07:26:18 EDT 2010


Hi Richmond

The problem is THAT particular saved stack ie 
http://www.harryscollar.com/teststack.rev
.. is showing the problem.

The stack I uploaded has not been binary edited in any way and was 
initially created by code from a project I'm working on.

In the project the stack is a simple temporary, in-memory data stack, 
created whenever the application is started. When I noticed the problem 
I stripped all other elements from the stack so that only one of the 
problem fields was left and then saved it as a on-disk stack. Obviously 
this process of elimination still left me with a field that still 
wouldn't copy properly to another stack with the copy to stack command.

btw it doesn't matter whether the destination stack is named or saved, I 
just wanted a quick test process for others to follow and replicate the 
problem.

My concern is how/why the stack or field itself got corrupted so that it 
cannot be copied when the copy to stack command works fine in every 
other situation, regardless of the 'sharedText' property. Don't think 
I've tested the complete range of situations but enough to know 
something isn't right.

regards
alex


On 31/08/10 8:17 PM, Richmond wrote:
> On 08/31/2010 12:37 PM, Alex Shaw wrote:
>> Hi Jan
>>
>> Yes, that worked for me too.
>>
>> Fortunately, as a workaround, having 'sharedText' active for that
>> particular field isn't going to cause any problems in this instance
>> but I still think it's a bug of sorts with the 'copy' command.
>>
>> Using the copy field to stack command does not work for that strange
>> stack (is it corrupted?) but if you just copy the field to the
>> clipboard then paste to destination it does work as expected!
>>
>> ie. from the message box..
>>
>> Instead of..
>> copy fld 1 of card 1 of stack "teststack" to card 1 of stack "Untitled 1"
>
> Why do I have a queer feeling that it might not be a bad idea to name
> and save the target stack prior to
> any copying?
>
> Just set up [RunRev 4.0, Ubuntu-Linux] 2 stacks: "teststack" and
> "target"; saved both.
>
> Popped a field "fF" on "teststack" and a button with the following script:
>
> on mouseUp
> copy fld "fF" of card 1 of stack "teststack" to card 1 of stack "target"
> end mouseUp
>
> bingo!
>
> tried the same in the Messagebox:
>
> copy fld "fF" of card 1 of stack "teststack" to card 1 of stack "target"
>
> bingo!
>
> quod erat demonstrandum old chap . . . :)
>
>>
>> This works..
>> copy fld 1 of card 1 of stack "teststack"
>> create stack "new"
>> paste
>>
>> hmm.. strange
>>
>> regards
>> alex
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>



More information about the Use-livecode mailing list