Copy field problem

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 06:17:31 EDT 2010

  On 08/31/2010 12:37 PM, Alex Shaw wrote:
> Hi Jan
>
> Yes, that worked for me too.
>
> Fortunately, as a workaround, having 'sharedText' active for that
> particular field isn't going to cause any problems in this instance
> but I still think it's a bug of sorts with the 'copy' command.
>
> Using the copy field to stack command does not work for that strange
> stack (is it corrupted?) but if you just copy the field to the
> clipboard then paste to destination it does work as expected!
>
> ie. from the message box..
>
> Instead of..
> copy fld 1 of card 1 of stack "teststack" to card 1 of stack "Untitled 1"

Why do I have a queer feeling that it might not be a bad idea to name
and save the target stack prior to
any copying?

Just set up [RunRev 4.0, Ubuntu-Linux] 2 stacks: "teststack" and
"target"; saved both.

Popped a field "fF" on "teststack" and a button with the following script:

on mouseUp
    copy fld "fF" of card 1 of stack "teststack" to card 1 of stack "target"
end mouseUp

bingo!

tried the same in the Messagebox:

copy fld "fF" of card 1 of stack "teststack" to card 1 of stack "target"

bingo!

quod erat demonstrandum old chap . . .  :)