How safe is the data in the datagrid?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Aug 17 15:14:20 EDT 2010

Your assumptions would be accurate. Actually, since a datagrid is simply a bunch of Revolution buttons and fields, your chances are exactly the same that the dat in the datagrid would get corrupted as any other control. But I don't think I have ever seen a revolution lockup corrupt data in a field. If it did, it would probably corrupt the whole stack. I don't think that is something you have to worry about. This isn't Hypercard you know!! ;-)

At any rate, I think you are getting on the right track thinking about data persistence through any state, which is going to involve saving the data to an external source no matter what. I would do it after the user exits the data grid. That is how any disk based database I have ever seen does it. No one expects data to be retained as the user is entering it! If the data is confidential, then you have to start thinking about encoding and decoding and such.

Bob