[OT] Dead video card

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Aug 17 13:57:00 EDT 2010

I have always maintained that IT obsolescence occurs not when there is something different on the drawing board or the local computer store shelf, but when what you have can no longer run software or operating systems that are on the shelf today. In the case of software, it works the opposite direction.

If you accept this, then yeah the G5 is obsolete. Sad too, because we have 6 G5 towers that are perfectly good, but will not take the latest OS and much software that we want to run.

Bob