Trouble Setting Cookies

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Sat Aug 14 19:26:04 EDT 2010

Thank you, Andre,

That's very kind of you.

Go to  http://pareto.on-rev.com/setcookie.irev

This page has a one-button form that sets a cookie by calling a script called sSetCookie.irev.  The cookie's name is testCookie and it's value is 666.  Here is the script.

<?rev
put "Set-Cookie:" && "testCookie" & "=" & 666 & ";path=/" into theCookie
put new header theCookie

put url ("file:cookieResult.html") into thePage

put "Done."  && the long date && the long time into theMessage
replace "{message}" with theMessage in thePage
put thePage
?>

Clicking the button takes you to

http://pareto.on-rev.com/sSetCookie.irev  -- (cookieResult.html)

This is the page you will land on if the script in 1 above ran.  It has a button that will load another page that calls a script to show what you what cookies you have from the on-rev server.  The page uses an include statement in an HTML object to invoke the following script:

<?rev
put $_SERVER["HTTP_COOKIE"] into theCookies
put theCookies
?>

Thanks again for having a look,

Gregory