Rev/Linux update - for Richmond

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 9 23:42:18 EDT 2010

Richmond wrote:

> On 06/08/2010 15:23, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> I got another update this morning from the team on the progress of the
>> Rev engine for Linux, and this one's for Richmond:
>>
>> <http://fourthworldlabs.com/rev/fontimprove.PNG>
>>
>> With the screenshot Mark Waddingham noted:
>>
>> To be fair, the visual difference for roman text is mostly nil
>> (or at least will be when I've fixed the slight difference in
>> baselines that seems to have crept in).
>
> Yer, but . . . the reall "fun" will be when I get home and try the
> Sanskrit2003 font on Linux . . .
>
> err . . . wait a minute . . . no it won't as I have a Studio licence so
> no access to DP builds;
> Heather very kindly extended my licence to Sept.; whether that will
> encompass the 4.5 release I don't know ????

All Enterprise licensees get access to DP builds automatically, but
since you're more enthused about testing the new font handling than
anyone else around I would suggest you drop a note to support at runrev.com
to see if you can get access to the DPs on this round to help out.

No rush at the moment though:  so far all I've seen are screen shots of
the in-progress builds as the team works toward the DP.  Not sure when
the next DP will be posted, but thus far none have had the new font
handling, so it's not like you've been missing out while you were
traveling.  Hopefully the next DP will up soon....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World