Saving data in List Magic tables

charles61 cszasz at
Thu Aug 5 10:11:03 CDT 2010


I check the standalones setting and found for the Mac, .rev is being used. I will uncheck that and try using .dat again.


Charles Szasz
cszasz at

On Aug 5, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Richard Gaskin [via Runtime Revolution] wrote:

> charles61 wrote: 
>  > Regarding the .Rev extension, I had used the extension of .dat for 
>  > a previous app, which consisted of only 8 cards. This was to make 
>  > it harder for someone to try to open the app. The .dat extension 
>  > worked great.  But I was not successfully in using the .dat extension 
>  > with my current project, which consists of 71 cards plus 18 
>  > customized dialogs. I got standalone errors in the exec recognizing 
>  > the app stack. 
> FWIW I use ".dat" often and it seems to work as well as any other file 
> name extension. 
> If the standalone has trouble opening the file there must be something 
> else at play beyond the file name. 
> -- 
>   Richard Gaskin 
>   Fourth World 
>   Rev training and consulting:
>   Webzine for Rev developers:
>   revJournal blog:
> _______________________________________________ 
> use-revolution mailing list 
> [hidden email] 
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences: 
> View message @ 
> To unsubscribe from Saving data in List Magic tables, click here.

View this message in context:
Sent from the Revolution - User mailing list archive at

More information about the use-livecode mailing list