Saving data in List Magic tables

Richard Gaskin ambassador at
Thu Aug 5 11:00:49 EDT 2010

charles61 wrote:

 > Regarding the .Rev extension, I had used the extension of .dat for
 > a previous app, which consisted of only 8 cards. This was to make
 > it harder for someone to try to open the app. The .dat extension
 > worked great.  But I was not successfully in using the .dat extension
 > with my current project, which consists of 71 cards plus 18
 > customized dialogs. I got standalone errors in the exec recognizing
 > the app stack.

FWIW I use ".dat" often and it seems to work as well as any other file 
name extension.

If the standalone has trouble opening the file there must be something 
else at play beyond the file name.

  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World
  Rev training and consulting:
  Webzine for Rev developers:
  revJournal blog:

More information about the Use-livecode mailing list