Liburl availability

ron barber runrevron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 08:57:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to compare the application's version number with the
version number online at startup in order to give an option for
upgrading. I use various liburl calls. I know that the liburl library
must load before it is available, to quote the docs :

When included in a standalone application, the Internet library is
implemented as a hidden group and made available when the group
receives its first openBackground message. During the first part of
the application's startup process, before this message is sent, the
libURLDownloadToFilecommand is not yet available. This may affect
attempts to use this command in startup, preOpenStack, openStack, or
preOpenCardhandlers in the main stack. Once the application has
finished starting up, the library is available and the
libURLDownloadToFilecommand can be used in any handler.

Does this mean I cannot access it at any time during the startup
process?  I have tried 'wait' and 'send' but not successfully.
So, what do you do use?

Thanks
Ron