New version of RunRev makes .png images all black

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 27 21:55:32 EDT 2010

william humphrey wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up Richmond. I don't remember signing any NDA though.
> I'm running on Mac OS and have just converted the png's to jpg's which work
> with the same resolution but without the all black effect which was useless.
> Pain to convert everything to jpg's though.

If you're on the Improve list, the intro email you received explains the
NDA status of anything posted to that list. I think most people already
know that the next version is in progress, but technically we should
discuss it over there.

That said, it's pre-release software and those who use it can expect
some bugs. The reason to release it to a limited audience is so that the
bugs can be reported and fixed before the version goes final. Images
shouldn't turn black (that's an alpha glitch which could be due either
to Rev or to the format of your image) so I hope you'll report it. That
way the team is alerted and can check it.

They don't recommend using pre-release builds for any "real" work. Stick
with the release version for that stuff.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com