User Extensions/Externals

Graham & Heather Harrison crw at nosirrah.com
Tue Apr 27 22:17:33 EDT 2010

Jacque wrote:
> Rev can't find the external. The "handler" it's missing is one of the
> calls in the external library.

So since I put it where instructed, and where rev Preferences says to look, why is it "missing"?
> Externals are a little bit advanced. They aren't hard exactly but I'm
> not sure I'd learn Rev with them. This may be something you want to wait
> a while to tackle.

I'm not looking to write externals at the moment. This one obviously provides some solutions to rev's shortcomings on Mac OS, so I would like to see what is handled. That way I can save myself a lot of frustration (f'ing and blinding about why doesn't that work) and toil (reinventing perfectly good wheels).
> On the other hand, if you're game, there are two
> lessons on the web site that cover how to set up and work with a stack
> using externals.

Does this mean that using an external is not just a case of putting it in the appropriate library and Voila!? In that case I will have to look at these lessons… now.