User Extensions/Externals

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 27 21:42:52 EDT 2010

Graham & Heather Harrison wrote:
> I am trying to use Shao Sean's ssMacWindows, following his
> instructions in RevUp Issue 79. Wasn't sure If I should place the
> ssMacWindows162 folder into ~/Documents/My Revolution
> Studio/Externals/, or unpack it there, so tried both.
>
> The first example is to create a field with the following script to
> turn on the "black dot" updated indicator: on keyUp setWindowModified
> the windowID of this stack, 1 end
>
> As soon as I type in the field I get: execution error at line 2
> (Handler: can't find handler) near "setWindowModified", char 1
>
> setWindowModified looks like a Mac parameter (?). What am I missing?

Rev can't find the external. The "handler" it's missing is one of the
calls in the external library.

Externals are a little bit advanced. They aren't hard exactly but I'm
not sure I'd learn Rev with them. This may be something you want to wait
a while to tackle. On the other hand, if you're game, there are two
lessons on the web site that cover how to set up and work with a stack
using externals:

<http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/buckets/784/tags?tag=externals>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com