data grid hilite of checkbox

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed May 27 11:54:30 EDT 2009

On May 27, 2009, at 11:40 AM, Jim Sims wrote:

> When I tried to follow my interpretation of "The code should be the
> same except that you just store the hilite of the checkbox when the
> user clicks on it." I received an error.
>
> The following gave me the error:  -- button "Col 3 Behavior":
> execution error at line n/a (Object: object does not have this
> property)

> I'm surely missing something simple as the above seems to get me
> nowhere.

What are the U_hilite and uHilite custom props for? The option menu
example sets the menuhistory and stores the menuPick parameter. For a
checkbox you just need to use the hilite property. Untested but this
example should work:

on FillInData pData
     set the hilite of button 1 of me to pData is true
end FillInData

on mouseUp pMouseBtnNum
     SetDataOfIndex the dgIndex of me, the dgColumn of me, the hilite
of button 1 of me
end mouseUp

Regards,

--