Arrow Keys moving Objects

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:22:32 EDT 2009

To me, managing the focus is one of the truly bedeviling problems in
Rev. Sometimes commandkey strokes don't work -- when you have a
commandkeydown handler in the stack script and the focus somehow has
gotten place somewhere else. If it's in a field, you can often track
it down, but sometimes (depending on what the user has been doing with
various clicks) the focus ends up on something obscure, like a button,
or worse, someplace totally untrackable. No matter how I try to manage
the focus, at some point my arrowkey strokes or commandkey/controlkey
strokes unpredictably just vanish somewhere in the message path. I
have finally resorted to using a frontscript to manage modifer
keystrokes or arrowkeys. What do others do? There must be some tricks
I'm missing.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com